News & Resources
4/9/2020 PWD Update on Private Development Services
In response to COVID19, Private Development Services switched to limited operations with the following changes to our program
- Review times are delayed.We are still conducting stormwater plan reviews and applicants can make plan submissions online using the project dashboard at www.pwdplanreview.org. However, we are unable to meet the standard review timeframes specified in our Manual and delays should be expected. You may check your project status at https://www.pwdplanreview.org/apply/application/app_status
- General questions and meeting requests should be sent to the general email account. To ensure a timely response, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Direct phone calls with staff are not available. Walk-In Hours and in person meetings are suspended, but Applicants may arrange conference calls or web-based meetings using their software platforms.
- PWD’s office is closed to in-person deliveries. Review fees and project document may still be mailed. Once normal operations resume, we will confirm receipt of mailed items and follow-up regarding missing information.Before mailing items (e.g. Review Fees, executed Conditional Approval letter, and/or executed Operations & Maintenance Agreement), provide a scanned copy and proof of mailing by email. Your reviewer will provide these instructions or you may reach out to email@example.com Applicants that do not provide the required information will be subject to enforcement actions.
- Notify PWD of construction waivers. We are aware that some projects have obtained waivers to continue construction. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure required inspection of E&S controls and SMPs.
- Constructed SMPs should be maintained to prevent system failure. Contact email@example.com if you have questions about performing maintenance at your site.
Private Development Services is actively mobilizing more staff for remote work. Your patience is appreciated during this time. Please check www.pwdplanreview.org for the latest information and stay subscribed or join this mailing list
Other PWD development services programs with limited operations
- Utility Plan Review Reviews are ongoing, but expect delays. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Cost Review Reviews are ongoing, but expect delays. Contact: email@example.com
- Water and Sewer availability for Building Permit Sign-Off Sign-off is being completed via eCLIPSE. Sign-off on paper permits and pre-permits is suspended.
- Flow Test Requests New flow are suspended. Requests for existing flow test data are available. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- One Call One Call requests are being processed.
PWD has also developed an emergency water service and lateral repair permit process.
Information and updates from the Philadelphia Health Department about the COVID-19 coronavirus in Philadelphia can be found at phila.gov/COVID-19. In addition, text COVIDPHL to 888-777 to receive free alerts with information and updates from the Health Department. Information about plans to reopen City offices will be available at phila.gov.